Thank God it is Friday my friends! It has been a while since I have blogged but I am happy to write again.
The first blog I published spoke about the disappointment I faced when I failed a course my first semester of Nursing school, and how God was guiding and leading me through a time of doubt. There are times and seasons that are difficult for us all, but they serve a purpose: to help us change, to help us grow, to bring us closer to God, or lead us where God wants us to be. I am beyond blessed to say that I am repeating the course and doing very well, we have a couple more weeks left and our success or failure will determine whether we continue in the program or are kicked out of the program. Yes, the stress has been unbelievable and I have been struggling with spending time with God, my family and friends. Often I feel exhausted spiritually and mentally.
Nursing school is very hard and very demanding, but I am so grateful and happy to be experiencing it. There are times in which I feel guilty and doubt whether I am being a faithful servant and follower of Christ. I have even questioned my salvation. I find myself not wanting to read the bible and not wanting to attend church. Yes, I am struggling BUT I do not accept and will not entertain “thoughts” about my salvation not being real, or my purpose. This is exactly what the enemy wants. I have to constantly remind myself that God is the one who has placed me in nursing school, and in the season I am now. Only He knows the outcome, and He is in control.
What is causing you stress lately? What is distracting you, or taking most of your time? Are you seeking God?
I believe that we are in very hard times, I think often about everything going on in the world and feel like Jesus may be coming very soon. I believe these are trying times for believers all over the world and they will get harder, but I also know that Jesus is preparing His church for his return.
Friends, If you are going through a dry season, a time of doubt, depression, or just have questions… Please remember:
God has called you, you have heard his voice, if you feel Him tugging at you, if you are afraid and doubtful… read this verse:
For the Gifts and calling of God are IRREVOCABLE” Romans 11:29
There are a few things I would like to remind you of:
1. We are not Christians or saved based upon the things that we do or do not do. We are Christians because we have repented, confessed our sin to God, confessed that we are broken and need Him to lead us, and because we are new creations in Christ Jesus.
2. Yes, you will sin, yes you will doubt, yes you will fail because you are living in a broken, tough world full of sin and it is very hard. BUT that is why Christ became human, to understand our struggles, to defeat our sin, to defeat death, and to make a way for us to be saved forever.
3. When you fail or sin, ask God to give you a heart to repent, to help you change, to guard your minds and your hearts, and always confess your sin to Christ and he will help you.
4. Even if you are struggling, dragging, and going through a dry season: Do you think about God every day?, Do you talk to him constantly throughout the day? Listen to messages, worship music, or the word? You don’t have to be hard on your self, you do not have to read a chapter of the bible a day. Jesus wants YOU, HE wants your heart, He doesn’t want a religious attitude, instead he desires YOU.
5. Start today. Read a verse, or two, worship to some awesome praise music. Talk to God.
If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.” 2 Tim. 2:13
6. Remind yourself of His promises, His truth, His word. I often have to talk to myself like this :
“I know Jesus called me by name, He set me apart from my mother’s womb, and even before I was born I believe my name was written in His book and nothing can erase it.”
If you have read this blog, and have no idea about what I am talking about. You are wondering what a relationship with God is, or who he is? If you feel like you want to get to know Him, repent of your sin, and follow him. If you feel like he is knocking at your door and you want to know that when you die, you will live in eternity with God. Feel free to repeat this prayer:
Father, I want to know who you are, I want to give my life to you, I confess you as Lord, and believe that Jesus Christ died and rose from the dead and is alive. I ask forgiveness of my sins, and I ask that you help me to follow you for the rest of my life. I thank you and I want to know you. In Jesus name, Amen
Congratulations on the best decision of your life! Make sure to get connected to a church that teaches the Holy Bible. God will guide you.